Embraco is a multinational focused on innovative solutions for refrigeration, founded on March 10, 1971, in the city of Joinville - Santa Catarina. Initially, the company was created to supply the Brazilian refrigerator industry, which at the time relied on imported compressors. In the following decade, it achieved technological autonomy and with a differential in innovation Embraco won over the world – marketing its products in all continents.
Embraco’s history has been built in several countries. Thinking first and foremost on customers, the company strategically positioned itself in Brazil, Italy, China and Slovakia, with the aim of providing better service.
In the early 1990s, foreseeing economic globalization, Embraco initiated its process of opening production bases outside Brazil, expanding its global sales structure. With nearly 50 years of history, it develops innovative solutions that deliver intelligence and value to its customers.
To serve the countries of North America, in 2011, a manufacturing park was inaugurated in Mexico. In addition to production bases, it has a distribution center in the United States and a sales office in Russia.
The company offers technologies for the household, commercial segments – such as retail, restaurants and medical applications –, distribution and resale and also offers digital services through partnerships. Electronic components are produced in EECON, a unit located in Qingdao, China, which has been in operation since 2003.
Embraco maintains its commitment to invest approximately 3% to 4% of net revenue annually in research and development. In addition, the company is a pioneer in the use of natural refrigerants and actions focused on reverse logistics in order to improve people’s quality of life.
Technology innovation, operational excellence and sustainability are part of Embraco's strategy and ensure the company's differential in the world market.
Embraco in Numbers
- Capacity to produce over 40 million compressors per year;
- With 47 years of experience, Embraco markets products in over 80 countries;
- The company directly employs about 11,000 people, in 11 business units, in Brazil, China, Italy, Slovakia, Russia, USA and Mexico;
- Embraco has 1,700 granted patents and more than 3,600 in total. It’s one of the national private companies with the largest number of patents granted in the United States;
- A team of close to 600 engineers and technicians, including 120 from university partners, are part of the company's Research and Development team.